09 December 2015

It got good around Friday

And thanks mom ha-ha :3 And I'm healthy enough... My body still thinks I should be dealing with winter weather so I've had a cold for a little while.

I'm happy to hear that you're getting better! Transfers are on the 15th, so a week from tomorrow. There's the chance that I'll be transferred, but if anyone from my area gets transferred it'll most likely be Elder D. Silva or my companion. D. Silva cause he's been here the longest, or my companion because of his knees. We'll be spending Christmas at members homes. I believe we'll be going to one of two different member houses to Skype call you, then to another for a meal and such.

Okay here's the week: It got good around Friday. I went on a split with Martinez to language school because a member from the ward 2 teaches English there and he asked if I would sit in on his students final presentations. It was a really cool and weird experience. First off, when the member was talking with me in English I was replying in Portuguese and he had to ask me to only talk in English and I had trouble staying with just English! Then It was weird for me being on the reviewing side of a foreign language course where the students I reviewed were learning my first language. But it went really well. During this time M. Pereira and D. Silva were meeting with P.... to see if he was really going to get baptized this Sunday and not only was the answer finally yes, but his mom (the reason his baptism was delayed for so long) told the Elders (through tears) that she wants to be baptized too! So now we just have to work with P...'s parents a little to get them to finally get married and I'm pretty sure that they'll both get baptized once they can and then it's just a year after that that they can go to the temple to get sealed! 

Then there's Saturday: We went to Campos Dos Jordão again to teach V.... We showed up earlier and taught him the four remaining lessons, so now all that's needed is his baptismal interview and he'll be set to be baptized on the 12th! Usually while teaching, I sit there and wait for M. Pereira to say, "And Elder Lundy will talk a little about such and such." But when it came around to the word of wisdom, I practically snatched the pamphlet out of my comp.'s hands and said with much enthusiasm that I was going to explain the word of wisdom. I started by showing the picture of me on my first day in the MTC. Then proceeded to ask him what he already knew about the word of wisdom (and he knew pretty much everything already) then I went on to explain that it also talks about things we SHOULD partake of, not just things we shouldn't. And I used my recent experience of healthful blessings as my message about the word of wisdom.

Then comes Sunday! We had P...'s baptism after church. It was a really good experience! His uncle baptized him, and both of his parents cried (his dad cried more than his mom :3 ) and I almost cried when I saw them.
So hopefully this week we'll have at least 2 baptisms! V... and H..... (he was due to be baptized yesterday, but he was out of town due to the fact that he's a truck driver)

My town is nice, it's a city but it's pretty calm and safe.
Interesting food? I like paçoca! It's basically a compressed peanut powder candy that tastes like the filling of the Ritz peanut butter sandwich crackers! 
Holiday preparation: The stores have Christmas stuff all over the place, but other than that and a few houses with some lights up, there's not much. I'm going to draw a little Christmas tree to display on my desk when we get back to the casa. Today is the 7th after all :3 {Our Family tradition is to decorate on this day}

OH!! and remember how I said that I screwed my legs up in the MTC during the first physical activity time? Well we had to do 5 laps around a little track before we could do sports or anything and it took me forever and I was always in too much pain to participate in the rest of physical activities after that, but this week we returned to the casa at 8 pm one night and I started working out a 8:20 and stopped at 9:25 and I didn't really hurt at all! My typical workout routine: stretch for a while, the jump rope until I'm winded, then pace and stretch some more until I can jump again, then jog and pace and stretch until I can jump again. I do this for about 30 to 40 minutes usually. Oh and I throw in some push-ups too, I usually try to get 10 more than the last time. I'm up to 60 today!

Okays... I gtg now I love you!!!https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment