11 July 2016

Giving Thanks and other things.

Haha you really did down-size some of your collections. (I finally gave away some of our Ensign collection.)
The ensigns should help the Elders if they use them right.
Wow... maybe the Lord is trying to restart the ward's relief society or something! (Our RS had a lot of releases this past month and we haven't been able to call any new sisters yet.)
I bet your talk really did turn out well. :) 
(I gave a talk in church Sunday - my source talk was -
 https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/free-forever-to-act-for-themselves?lang=eng&_r=1   
It's a great talk by Elder Christofferson)

Questions/Answers:

1. What's new/different?
We got transfer info this Sunday. They decided that in order to stop the gossip it would be better to just tell every who's being transferred then wait until Tuesday when everyone is ready to leave to say where they'll be going. Elder Ewerton and I are staying together. There will be two new sisters in my district, two new zone leaders, and elder Batchelor (the only other American) is going to a new area. Oh I also got my pants tailored down!
Something else different that happened just this moment: An American RM is back in the area visiting and passed by the LAN-house to visit some members that work here and he came over to talk with me for a bit. And he actually knows C. Santos and Matos! It was pretty cool and funny because we were talking in Portuguese and all of the sudden he stopped and said, "I don't know why I'm talking to you in Portuguese. We're both American."
2. So when was your last talk?
At least three transfers ago... The ward members and leaders are liking us a lot here though so I might give another soon.
3-4. Tell me about your week. What's been going on?
This week was a little tiring because we were walking around a lot hunting down referrals. But Sunday was awesome because A...and T... and a couple or T... children attended church FINALLY!!!! We've been working with them throughout this whole transfer. We also finally had a meeting with our ward mission leader and the bishop's first councilor for the first time this transfer and they're wanting to work more with us than before I arrived.
5. Do you need any suggestions for talks? Right now not really
6. Do you want any FHE ideas?
That could help! We haven't been in many FHE's lately, but maybe we'll be able to start up soon!
7. Are you connecting ward families with converts to help in retention?
We're finally getting some members to go teaching with us and such. These members are part of the reason we were able to get A...and T... to attend church.
8. Are you teaching them in members homes?
Nope, not yet...
9. Do you have any new pictures for us?
Nope, not yet... I don't use my camera much...
10. How is the D.L. thing going now?
It's going pretty well. The sisters in my district are hard workers and a lot of fun.

I love you Mom. I love you. I love Dad. I love Amanda, Todd, Caleb, Maddie, Leah. I love Bridget, Ron, Mason, Alice. I love Chris, Tiffany, and their baby. I love Diana, Shawn, Kora, Jack. I love Nana, and Grandma, Bapa and Grandpa. I love all my Aunts and Uncles and cousins. I love myself. I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I love my Heavenly Father. I want to be with everyone forever and all eternity. That's my choice.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment