02 September 2015

The food here is great

Just so it makes sense...
This letter is answering questions that I asked Elder Lundy -


Hi,

Okay, the food here is great; I haven't found anything I really
dislike. I think I brought everything I need.

There are four American Elders including me, and at times there will be a Brazilian and an Argentinian. (They don't spend as much time here.)
I'll take pictures but I can't send them until I leave the MTC because they rigged the computers to not allow pictures to be uploaded or anything.

P day is Wednesday. We go to the temple first thing in the morning,
then we come back, eat, send letters, then explore the surrounding
city. It's pretty cool, but it smells sorta weird. 

[I'm not surprised that he thinks this...We live in the country]

Elder Webster is pretty cool. They told us that companions are supposed to be nothing like each other and that's pretty accurate for us. I'm the oldest
missionary in my district of 11. They're all pretty nice.

So all our lessons except on Sunday are in Portuguese and we've been teaching "investigators" in Portuguese since the second day! "Investigators" are our instructors acting as nonmembers.

On the first Sunday my Branch President told a story about a meat factory employee who got caught in a meat freezer for hours after the factory closed. He was saved by the guard. Normally the freezers weren't on the guard's route but the guard decided to look for this specific employee because every day without fail the worker would say hello and goodbye to the guard and that made him feel noticed because to everyone else he was
invisible. When the worker didn't say his customary goodbye the guard
went looking. I was crying for the rest of the day after hearing that
because I related to it. For a while I was like the worker and always
greeted everyone, but for the past two years I became invisible. Those
times you reintroduced me as your son to the people from Nana's ward
that we spent 6 months with were really difficult, but I just laughed
them off cause there was nothing else I could do.

Anyway, the spirit testified to me that the purpose of my mission in Brazil was to let people know that they're not invisible and that people love them and that God loves them. That's great news about getting the house hooked up btw!! And I miss the puppies soooooo much. Would you be able to send me pictures every week or two??



And could I also get a birthday list? Siblings, in laws, and nieces and nephews... That would really help. What else... Oh!! I'm already down to XXX pounds! I've lost nearly 13 pounds already! Okay, I think that's it for now... I LOVE YOU and everyone else back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment