20 March 2017

First day of Fall in Brazil March 20th, 2017


The weather is getting a bit better now. There's still a lot of rain but it's not as hot out anymore.
Our teaching pool is very empty. We've got one investigator and some possible others, but that one investigator R... accepted a baptismal date of 
April 2nd yesterday! He's already been to church three times and really likes it. The ward has a lot of part member families so the ward's leaders have decided to work with them but slowly because they don't wanna "scare the fish by going too fast"
Speaking about numbers and all that, my zone and the Mogi das Cruzes zone were the only two that reached their baptism goals for the transfer! Our zone actually passed our goal by one person I think! Zones rarely reach their goals (at least in this mission) Our goal was 10/4 or 10 people with four of them being adult men. and I believe we baptized 11/4!

So this week is transfer week. I'm staying here and Camikado is being transferred to my last area Tiradentes 2. My new companion is going to be Elder Puga. I met him already and he's a pretty funny guy. I believe he was also Elder Medeiros' comp in the MTC (Elder Medeiros was my comp when I first became senior.)
You finally had your garden class!! YAY!! 
(We had an herb garden class along with the 175th Relief Society party.)
And I'm glad your stake conference went well!

My allergies aren't really giving me problems. The metal allergy is being a little annoying. I can't use my clip nametag p-day without it causing problems. I think I may have a big circular red scar from it now over my right collar bone.

My shoes still work. I believe they'll hold up for the rest of the mission. As it turns out, the black tennis shoes are the best shoes I brought with me!

I managed to contact one of the elders that I know will be going there but it seems like he doesn't have an apartment yet. I'd appreciate it if you went ahead with the search.

Oh! So the last bishop from this ward (Samuel Tsuchiya) who was released my first Sunday here is flying out to BYUI like right now! He and his family are moving there so he can study for the next 4 years, so we've already decided to meet up there! :)


Anyways, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment