20 June 2017

Father's Day

Hi Mom and Dad,

Happy Late Father's day!!!! In Brazil it's august 13th so I got confused. Thanks for being my Dad!https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

There are only two elders in this ward including me, but we share a church building with another ward and that ward currently has a trio of elders. They live on the same road as us just a tiny bit closer to the church. I don't know if you remember Elder Friere, but I lived with him in São Mateus and Tiradentes and he's currently the "third man" in the other ward.

Our teaching is going alright. We got two new investigators that are really interested in learning more about the church. Hopefully it's not just an interest to learn more but an interest to act on the knowledge we'll pass to them.

I got an awesome invite this morning when I arrived in the LAN-House! G..., one of the girls that works here, has been taught all the lessons and visits the church every once in a while on Sundays. This started 3 years ago. This Sunday she decided that it was finally time for her to be baptized so she invited me to attend her baptism in a neighboring ward on Saturday!!! So that's the great news of the week!

Haha honestly I was planning on asking for that meal during my first week back! (I fixed Elder Lundy's favorite meal for our local elders this past week.)
Elder Nascimento doesn't cook for me too often. Every once in a while he makes a meal at night if he's hungry and stuff. What happens more is that the sisters in the ward buy the ingredients for dessert and ask him to teach them how to make it. His specialty is in desserts.

Oh those boys... they eat rabbits and catch birds? :( eww   (our 2 dogs have decided lately that catching rabbits and birds is fun.)
That's pretty awesome about Gunner! I email him when I've got the time but he hasn't mentioned that yet! (Another elder from home that is serving in Brazil and got a special assignment.)

Oh so this week we had a fight with a rat in our house at 12:30 at night until 2am. We didn't catch/kill the rat but once it was out of the house we sealed where it was entering.

(I'm still encouraging Elder Lundy not to be trunky. His response to that challenge is...)
One of the things that's motivating me to keep going is the family that took care of me when I was sick in Taubaté. They told me that they learned of the church through a contact that an elder made with them in the grocery store line two days before he ended his mission.


Anyways, I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment