24 November 2015

Booyah!

Makeshift tie clip!
booyah! I felt like a genius coming up with this idea!


When we arrived

My first companion Elder Webster and I (3 months in)... 
Check out the difference!

We had to walk through heavy rain to return to the 
casa after grocery shopping so we had Elder Martinez 
take our picture while we stood in the rain outside our casa

Okay so currently, Elder M. Pereira and I have 4 investigators with a baptismal date. Three for December 6th and one for the 12th! If all goes well, L.., one of the young men in our ward who just got his mission call, will be able to baptize his Dad on the 6th! 
Possibly the highlight of my week: Our investigator V.... lives in Campos Dos Jordão. It's about an hour away (by car) from our casa and technically in a different zone/stake but we're the closest ward to his house. We went there with our ward mission leader Y... and his wife. V.... has a baptismal date set for the 12th of December, but honestly I think he's pretty much ready now! Oh he's 23 by the way. He's studied a lot and everything that he says is pretty much answering all the baptismal interview questions! We visited him at his home with his two younger brothers, his mother, and his girlfriend who arrived a little after we did. We talked for a little while, then had dinner, and then gave a message about the gospel of Jesus Christ and his whole family was participating. It was a great visit. Oh and Campos Dos Jordão is a pretty freaking pretty city! It's a major tourist town. It's basically Brazil's Frankenmuth! And I mean that literally, because it looked almost identical! I almost felt like I was back in Michigan ha ha.
Oh and I'm finding families here that I'm starting to grow close to. :)
Um... my toe is almost completely healed! I can finally exercise again.
We had a zone conference on Thursday and it was pretty good. The president and wife and assistants came and gave us a message and training. Sister Silcox is a little worried about my weight loss ha ha. I've almost gotten to the point that I can make a new hole in my belt to tighten it again!
I like the scripture you sent :3 I think Matthew 21:12 is histories first recorded table flip :3

Okays... I love you! byebye

No comments:

Post a Comment