02 November 2015

FHE at a few member homes

We've gone to FHE at a few member homes and a part member home recently. One time we were heading for one in the rain. The rain got intense so we had to run through it. My belt didn't work too well so I was struggling to run through rain that was difficult to see through while holding up my pants ha-ha. That was an experience.


I also found out that I'm definitely the fastest of the four of us Elders but they could probably run longer. Another special one was the part member FHE because the non-member is one of our new investigators we started meeting with this week. His girlfriend is a less-active member and her family's house was where we met for the FHE. He is pretty receptive to what we've taught so far. He even came to church! Our next goal with him is to get him married to his GF because they're living together and their baby girl was just born. Oh! We got to stand in on the baby's blessing in church yesterday! 
Me and the Comp. at the Temple

 
The Trio reunited at the Temple
The Temple trip was great! The Campinas Temple is a bit different than I'm used to because it was made with the fact that people would have to travel a lot to get to and from it, so there's a cafeteria in the lower levels and a whole extra building with "hotel rooms" pretty much. It was just my zone and the next one over and the President and wife that attended.

The other zone happened to be the zone of Elder Matos and Elder Kebker so I got to see them again.
 
Oh Matos
Elder Matos said he was always reminded of me whenever he'd see certain things so he collected a bunch of stuff to give me. He gave me a Halloween themed piece of candy, a twix, a minion figure, a Torkoal figure (Pokémon), a Magic card, and a papercraft Mystery Machine.


Oh!! The devotional from the MTC in Sao Paulo that was recorded when I was there was finally broadcast! I watched it after lunch at a members house on Tuesday but everyone else saw it at the church on Sunday a week ago. When people saw me the next time at church they were all coming up to me saying that they saw me in the broadcast! It was weird to watch though cause I kept seeing so many people I knew and that never happens with church broadcasts.

As for the pictures from last week... Everyone drinks from the blue bottles depending on where they live. We actually drink from the kitchen faucet in our casa. And I have no idea about the microwaves but we never use the bottom one. We actually hang a lot of our clothes, and all of my church clothes are hanging. the machine in the laundry room is a washer, we hang our clothes to dry them. We do our laundry on any day we need and whenever no one else is doing theirs.

For the backpacks, Elder Bicca has a messenger bag too. Mine works very well, especially to keep things dry!

The bedroom: mine was the one under the window, we've got two fans and one was pointed directly at my bed. One fan was taped to a stool to keep it from falling off as it rotated. Elder Bicca re arranged the bedroom though so now all our beds are against a different wall framing an open space in the middle of the room.

Transfers are next week I believe, and I'll be staying in this area at least until the end of December. Training is for 12 weeks with the same companion. I'll possibly stay at least one more transfer after Elder C. Santos leaves. Elder Bicca started in Taubaté and has been here for 7 months so he'll possibly be leaving next week. As for the study... We technically have the same structure as what Chris had, but... in this particular casa the Elders are a bit less structured. I'm doing my best to keep a structured schedule though.

Oh those puppies (Our family dogs)!! I miss them a bunch so I'm always petting the members dogs (if they allow them inside) It's a struggle when I see the stray dogs in the streets too.

The pen is a reference for the
distance of the new hole in my belt
One more thing! I can see my ribs and the top of my abdominal muscles again!! I've lost at least 34 pounds last time I checked.


Okays, I love you lots!! Bye byes!

No comments:

Post a Comment