11 October 2016

I'm like Harry Potter lol

The transfer travel went alright. I got help from a random man to get my third suitcase in and out of the train and was able to carry my three suitcases by my own in all the other situations. I'm not eating too well because the little market close to our house is super expensive and sells nothing of value, but today we'll pass the larger and more distant market that should be better. I'm felling alright. A little sore because our casa has only 3 beds and a couch... so my "bed" is a couch under the stairs... I'm like Harry Potter... I live under the stairs now. but oh well...

Question/Answers:
1. Did you get off to a good start with your new companion Elder Alves?
I did. We're were already friends. (He was in my first district when I arrived in the mission) And we started working right away. He's helping me follow the rules better. We're finally doing companionship study and planning. Elders Medeiros and Ewerton are the only other companions that did those things with me.
2. . I tried to look up where you are and am not quite sure, but Santos said it was close to her. Is she right?
She's absolutely correct. It is very close! There's only one or two other areas in between and I see buses that go there on a daily basis.
3. Stats on your companion. i.e. age, family, home location...you know - the run down on him ;)Elder Alves is 20. Is going home in February. He's from Rio Grande do Sul. His family is in the church. I know that at least his mom served a mission, and his girlfriend is serving right now in the north. He's a nerd like me (but I'm a higher level of nerd than him) He told me that he'd been talking with his cousins about opening a nerd store together so he's been asking me what sort of stuff would be good to have there.
4. Describe the area you are in please...
5. Is the area you are in growing.
6. Investigators?
Answers: 4-6. This area is a city. A crowded city. There are A LOT of apartment buildings which are difficult for us to work in, and then there's the standard favela in the mountainside. I'm in a branch instead of a ward. Elder Alves said that the members haven't been helping much, but we got a lot of help from one of the two young men in the branch this Saturday. V... sent in his papers about a week ago. Every once in a while his friends would go to the church with him and they told him that once he leaves they'll have no friends there and no reason to go. What he decided after hearing that was that he needs to baptize at least one of them before he leaves so that one can bring in the rest. He took us to 5 of his friends on Saturday and 2 went to church this Sunday.
 7. How's your stomach doing?
My stomach is alright.
8. What's the name of your ward?
Tiradentes 2nd Branch or in Portuguese Ramo Tiradentes 2
9. What are you studying this week?
I found a Portuguese version of the children's illustrated book of Mormon so I'm giving that a read through.
10. So fall is now here...What is your second spring like there?
It's damp and cold... or its super stupidly hot... ugh...

So I'm going to the temple tomorrow! This will be the third time in the field. I'll go one more time at the end of my mission in the third week of July probably (because I'll be returning home just a little bit after that) And yes, I am feeling better.

Thanks mom
I love you too

No comments:

Post a Comment