28 February 2017

We got completely drenched

The weather this week had a lot of rain in store for us. Yesterday before we managed to get back to our house we got caught in a super strong rain. The rain was falling sideways as well. We got completely drenched. Trees were breaking in the wind. We also had a few power outages this week. 

I had to give a talk in the ward this week. I was told a week ago that it would be the 5 minute talk an basically introduce myself and give a message about missionary work. When we got to church, the bishopric informed us that C... would be giving the 5 minute talk and that I would instead give a 15 minute talk... okay then... But it went well. I introduced myself and our family, spoke about my experiences before the mission and a brief summary of my mission to that point, then gave a message about being a member missionary by the way we live and used your story about meeting mom and through her example you learned about the church. The councilor ended up having to give me the "1 minute left" tap and I still had stuff to say! :) And I did all that without writing down my talk beforehand :)

The big news for this week:
We have three baptisms for this Saturday! F... and her two granddaughters B... and J... will be baptized this Saturday between the two sessions of stake conference! F... is a mother of a recent convert/currently serving missionary of this ward, and the two girls are his nieces. Next up after them is working with the girls' mother!

 Holy cow that's a small district! ( I told Elder Lundy that our mission down sized and our 2 sisters were removed from our ward so we have just 4 Elders in our district.That's sadly very common in this mission. Areas get closed quite often, but they usually don't stay closed for too long.

So I had lunch with one Irmã this week and it was her birthday. She turned 75 this year and was telling everyone that called that she turned 74 until someone corrected her haha. But I was struck by how better off Nana is physically. I told her about Nana's age (92 years old) trick (swapping the numbers 29 yrs.) and she said she'd use it too haha.

That's awesome about all the missionaries from our ward! Tell Bay and Sister Shirling congrats for me! (2 more missionaries that will put our ward at 8 missionaries out in the field from our ward.)

On p-day we don't do much. We usually just relax at home while we can.
It's still weird being around all these nice cars and nice houses/apartments. I've become accustomed with situations much more modest than this here in Brazil.


I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment