02 October 2015

Elder Lundy is in the Mission Field

Elder Lundy is in the Mission Field as of Tuesday this week! :)


1. Do we send letters to the Mission Home or somewhere else?
I think the mission home.

Elder Eric Robert Lundy
Brazil São Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Açu, 229 Belenzinho
-SP
Brazil

2. Did you spend the night on Tuesday in the Mission home?
I went to my new casa (house) in Taubaté Guaratinguetá.
3. Where is your first assignment? 
Look at number 2
4. What is your new companions name?
Elder C. Santos... There are many Elder Santos in Brazil so they Give the first letter too.
5. Where is he from?
Não sei ainda... (aka I don't know yet)
6.  Any other info on him? 
Like how long has he been on his mission? Mesmo resposta de numbro cinqo (aka same answer as number 5)
7. How many elders came from the MTC with you to your Mission?
    6 Elders (including me) and 4 sisters
8. Take a picture of your apartment, scripture case and especially your new companion.
You'll get pictures later... I didn't bring the right stuff from the casa to hook up my camera to the computer.
9. Assuming your language skill have a ways to go still - Does Elder C. Santos speak English?
Elder C. Santos can understand a little English, but he doesn't speak much of it.
10. Last weeks statement about  "important change in my life" I am so happy for you! What made this amazing change in you? 
I've never had a purpose like this in my life before and it feels so different, so much better, than before. Plus It's been a long time since I've experienced this much love from people who aren't obligated to love me. People actually looked up to me as a zone leader and my district in the MTC all loved me. I really need more time to be able to tell you specifically about this one Sister in my MTC district. Sister C. is a wonderful person. She's been a member for a little over a year I think and she's super strong in the gospel. And she really reminds me of Bridget. Remember how Bridget used to call me hers when we were little? That's kinda the sort of relationship that Sister C. and I have now. Sister C. called me her Lundy (pronounced Loondee because that's how a few Brazilians said my name and it stuck in my district) She was always happy to see me and was always worrying about me when I was struggling with shin splints (despite the fact that she had fractured feet and ankles) She wrote me encouraging notes and she wrote me a letter before we left the MTC about how my smile and positive attitude made her care about me and how it helped her to stay positive and how she was really going to miss me (like more than she'll miss french fries which is apparently a major deal for her ha ha) Overall, I was just extremely touched by the fact that someone I had only known for 3ish weeks could love me that much while I still have trouble loving myself sometimes.

Anyway... we have lunch with members most days... I've only been out for two days and I've had lunch and dinner with members. Yesterday's dinner was actually with investigators. We had popcorn. So yesterday was my first full day in the field and We walked so much that I have a blister under each big toe, my ankles were rolling to compensate, my sock had a hole cut into it by my toenail, we walked home in the rain without an umbrella, and yeah dinner was just popcorn. And I had no problem with any of it! I have never felt like this before in my entire life. 

I can finally say in complete honesty that I'm glad I came on a mission. I can feel the blessings of Heavenly Father in my life and I can feel the love of others as well. I love Heavenly Father and I love you all so much.

PS... I think I've lost about 28 pounds already.
PPS... You might be getting a handwritten letter from Sister Charles.
PPPS... I forgot to mention that I got a letter from Sister Garrison while I was in the MTC... I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to respond so for now could you tell her that I'm really grateful for the letter and that I'm really grateful that she was thinking about me.
PPPPS... I don't know if this is going to be my regular day for emails or not... My companion and roommates said that I could email home today so I'm following their counsel.


No comments:

Post a Comment