02 January 2017

Happy New Year 2017!


I hope you had a fun vacation Dad!
S... and K... (my host family for Christmas) told us about that Passengers movie and said they were planning on seeing it.
Ha-ha did Grandma freak out when you started dismantling her DVD player in front of her?
(Dad was able to fix it for her.)
You guys don't have any snow? Lame!


Questions:
1. So how was your  week? Are you handling being a District leader as well as I know you can? I've found that being a leader doesn't win you friends, but someone has to do it. So it might as well be someone good.
2. Tell me all about your week.
3. Your new companion.
4. Your adventures.
5. Your successes and lessons learned.
6. What do they do for New Years in Brazil?
7. What plans do you have for this week?


Answers:
1. I know I can handle being a district leader. I just don't like doing it because it eats up a lot of time

2. My new companion showed up on Tuesday. We managed to visit a few people this week, but we need more investigators. And the weather was either super hot or raining  (and usually when it rains here it's super heavy)

3. Elder Moreira is 18 years old. This is his second area, I'm his fourth companion, and he's in his 7th month. He's from Fortaleza, Ceara. My third companion from there. This mission is full of elders and a few sisters from there. He and his younger brother are the only members in his family (for now) and they've both got about 4 years in the church. 

4. Adventures? I don't really think I had any. I did some physical labor this week! We helped out with sanding a wall so the "Ir..." can paint his new apartment sooner. My whole right side of my back was aching the next day ha-ha. Just imagine if he and his wife had to do it all alone... ugh...

5. Well on Sunday I was the last person to bare testimony during sacrament meeting. I almost didn't go up but I ended up hearing a little voice in my head telling me what I had to say was more important than how I felt about speaking in front of everyone. Now I just need to remember that.

6. Oh and for New Years, you guys beat me. I went to bed around 11 because I was tired and didn't feel like forcing myself to stay up. The fireworks woke me up at midnight but I just stayed in bed and rolled over to face the wall.
Lots and lots of fireworks and parties. 

7. We're going to search for new investigators. We've got a number of referrals in a place close to our house, but I've never been there before and I don't have a map so we'll actually have to search.
I love you!


Love You

No comments:

Post a Comment